A Note About the Answers
Answers in ’normal text’ are the candidate’s written response and are taken verbatim. I use italics for my words such as summaries of verbal responses and/or pointing to websites at the request of the candidate.
The Questions and Links to the Answers
- How much do you know about what the new Downtown Safety Committee is working on, and how prepared are you to listen to and implement their recommendations?
- After the 2018 election what concrete means and methods of ensuring that you are in fact representing the majority of your constituents, and not just those who happen to be have a connection with you already, or small numbers of individuals or groups that develop a a connection with you and/or your own personal opinions and predilections?
- What is your opinion on the Tiffin Bay Association (if I have the name right) only All-Candidates meeting and what I believe are fairly obvious optics around that?
- How do you intend to encourage and ensure an adequate supply of affordable housing in Midland?
- What do you intend to add or enhance for activities for youth, particularly tweens and teens in Midland?
- How do you intend to respond to the legalization of pot and matter of private retail operations potentially opening in Midland, and why?
- How do intend to respond to the consequences of the ransomware attack and/or applicable staff’s preparedness (or lack thereof) to such attack, and how do you intend to ensure staff ensure this does not happen again, and do you consider it adequate and/or desirable to offload IT and/or network to the County, and why?
- Are you prepared for remote participation in council meetings, including upgrading A/V equipment and applicable IT, and/or other means of ensure a councillor is able to fully participate when valid circumstances (and how would you define that?) dictate that they cannot attend the actual council meeting?
- Are you prepared to allow adjournments of new business when it is clear that more information is needed? And what would constitute such clarity? If necessary are you prepared to revisit the rules regarding handling of council meetings to accommodate such needs?